2020 - In Review
The year 2020 has been a whirlwind of change in so many ways and on so many fronts, and the MAAC was no exception. Fortunately, it’s good news to report from our AOC and committee! Take a look at the list below for an overview of our accomplishments this year.
- Management Action Projects
- AquaMAPs – Project list recommended and approved
- SedMAPs - Project list recommended and approved
- WildMAPs – Project implementation progress/ some projects completed
- Sampling Programs
- BUI 8: Water samples were collected from the Ottawa River throughout the summer by a team from The Mannik & Smith Group in order to understand current water quality conditions as they relate to the potential for undesirable algal growth (aka eutrophication).
- BUI 6: A crew from the US EPA Office of Research & Development conducted benthic macroinvertebrate sampling to help gauge the success of an upcoming sediment removal project along Otter Creek.
- BUI 10: A sampling team from the USGS collected water samples from Wolf Creek & Berger Ditch to identify sources of bacterial contamination in the area near Maumee State Park.